Sunday, July 20, 2008

The only thing I'm hunting for...is an outfit that looks goooooood

I love Daria and I think she is an amazing model but I just cannot love this editorial. She reminds me of Cruella De Vil on the cover (minus the black and white hair) with her fur coat, weird haircut, dark red lips and strangely even the lingerie (it implies sadism, which Cruella definitely has in spades!)



But what I mostly think of when I look at the photos is Mr. Burns when he wants to kill puppies to make a vest.




Here goes my tribute to "See My Vest" à la Vogue.

Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...



See my vest, see my vest, made from real gorilla chest.



Feel this sweater? It's no better than authentic Irish Setter.

See this hat? Twas my cat. My evening wear, vampire bat.



These white slippers are albino African endangered rhino.

Grizzly Bear underwear, Turtles' necks, I've got my share.

Beret of poodle, on my noodle it shall rest



Try my red robin suit, it comes one breast or two, See my vest, see my vest, See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers - It was that or skin my chauffeurs, but a greyhound fur tuxedo would be best

So let's prepare these dogs, (Mrs. Potts: Kill two for matching clogs) See my vest, see my vest,
Oh please, won't you see my vest. I really like the vest!

2 comments:

sarah b. said...

The one thing I despire about fashion: how people seem to covet furs so easily.

WHAT ABOUT THE ANIMALS!

sarah b. said...

and by despire, I definitely mean 'despise'