Thursday, August 21, 2008

Riding boots: Can you wear them over non-skinny pants?


I've been thinking about getting riding boots for a long because a) I love the classic style b) They won't hurt me as much as high-heeled boots and c) I like to pretend that I'm an equestrian champion.
Hermes riding boots are the crème de la crème but I won't shell out $2000 for boots, even if they are Hermes. That said, they are plenty of other riding boots that are still hot.
My dilemma is that since I don't wear skinny pants I am not sure whether I can pull of wearing riding boots and flared pants. I don't like it when I see women stuffing their jeans into their boots, and the result looks messy and unkempt. I don't want that. I like the clean lines of a skinny pant sliding effortlessly into a boot. But since I won't wear skinny pants, that may be difficult. But Hermes does give me some hope, as models from the S/S 08 collection wore jodhpurs and loose-fitting pants with their riding boots.


Ok so I know I'm not a model but I think I could pull this off as long as the pants are bunched up at the top of the boots. But they can also be worn with leggings or tights. Too bad I don't wear either.

Here are some riding boots that make me want to jump on a horse:

Coach Whitley Boot


Coach Winslow Boot

Tory Burch boot
Bottega Veneta boot


What do you think? Can riding boots be worn with non-skinny pants?

7 comments:

Karinna C.C. said...

OMG, I love all of them, especially the Coach Winslow. I love this look and I don't mind wearing skinny jeans. :D

Travellingone said...

You can try a pair of 'baby boot cut' jeans. I got a pair from Earnest Sewn and I'm going to try tucking into my grey suede flat boots.

Oh, check out Nine West. They usually do a good facsimile of a riding boots.

Tory Burch is also ridiculously comfortable. I've got her flats and her wedges.

www.muebleslarioja.muebles.cn said...

I totally agree with the article.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy shoes
kobe byrant shoes
hermes birkin
nike sneakers
ferragamo belt
nike outlet
adidas stan smith men
nike air max
curry 7 shoes
curry 5

Unknown said...

YOURURL.com w6n93i4x30 replica bags china replica bags joy that site y3o89q2m69 fake louis vuitton replica evening bags replica bags from china replica gucci bag a0g21v0d72 replica bags us

Unknown said...

u2p38k3c40 j9z81r0w58 y3t40f7s63 c3m11o1h85 a5l93i1z58 k8a16l8w78

Unknown said...

r8o58q5l07 x1w19i7e86 b2w45n0t49 y1j59x9b00 o2n33a0j64 e4e95z5l61