Saturday, September 13, 2008

Must have this Marc by Marc Jacobs bag

I re-watched The Rachel Zoe Project this morning because I can't get enough of it. So many beautiful clothes, so much girlishness, so much fun.
This time around I paid a bit more attention when Zoe spoke and I picked up on the not-so-subtle ad placement where she talks about her contribution to piperlime.com, the online retailer that's owned by Gap Inc.
Piperlime offers a special section called Rachel Zoe's Picks. The company sends her bags and shoes and she decides whether she likes them or not and they list those accessories for sale on the site. Apparently, according to Zoe, they sell out "in like an hour."

So I decided to go online and check it out. I wasn't feeling the shoes so much because there are a lot of platforms which aren't my style so I checked out the bags. And lo and behold I came upon this beauty. Made by Marc by Marc Jacobs, it's called the Dr Q Lil Riz and it's made of leather with a textile lining. I love that the bag has a bit of structure even though it's slouchy. The pleats are really cute and I like the handle; perfect for wearing it on my arm. The colour (dark portobello) is a great neutral that can match with a lot of colours. I die for it.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

I wish Rachel Zoe would mention me so I could sell out of stuff in like an hour.