Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Editors who inspire me

Normally I look at the runways and fashion bloggers like Susie Bubble and Fashion Toast, to name a few, for fashion inspiration. However recently I have been noticing the people who bring fashion to the masses- editors. I find photos of them on the Fashion Spot, The Sartorialist and Style in the City, among other blogs, and have come to appreciate their sense of style.

These are just a few of the editors who make me wish I had them as personal stylists.

Evelina Khromchenko - Editor-in-Chief, L`Officiel Russia
First of all I LOVE her haircut. If I could carry off bleach blond hair this is how I would do it. I think it's great that she doesn't have one uniform look- she plays around with punk rock vamp, red-carpet diva and flirty suit businesswoman. And her legs are to die for.


Kate Lanphear - Style Director, US Elle

Ahhh Kate. Everyone loves her. Yet another head of hair that I wish I could carry off. Kate usually rotates between greys and blacks and never strays to bright colours. She has a mix of Yves Saint Laurent-like men's suits, simple striped tees and killer shoes. It's effortless and beautiful.

Miroslava Mikheeva-Duma - Fashion Editor, Harper's Bazaar Russia
Miroslava first caught my attention with her gorgeous YSL Muse 2 bag but when I looked at the rest of her ensemble I fell in love with her style. Her look is very grown-up: slim dresses, pleated floral skirts, tweed blazers and designer bags. Somehow her colours look coordinated without being so, and they always look good on her. And she has incredible bangs.


Claire Dhelens - Fashion & Accessories Editor, Vogue Paris

Parisians remind me a lot of New Yorkers; they love wearing super-tight, black clothes and Claire is no exception. Her silhouette is very slim, with simple, classic lines. Nothing too flashy except for odd moments of bright colour.

7 comments:

WendyB said...

Harper's Bazaar Russia looks about 12 years old!

mikemathew said...

The lively discussion included conversations about the immediate future of green design when you stop to consider the current economic crisis; the cost of building and renovation green hotels; how to source FF&E; and whether or not it makes sense for you. One way or another, conservation, sustainability and social responsibility are going to play a bigger part in the future of your business. The fashion of the editor in their way of presenting
_________________________

mikemathew

maven

Anthea said...

What a fabulous post! It was so neat to see you put that all together:) They are so chic and stylish. Ps I am covering Vancouver Fashion Week and have listed some great places to get VFW coverage instantly! Check it out if you have a chance:)

Chris said...

My God, what is this, awesome haircut parade? I mean, I'm still in love with the first more than I could ever love a human baby, but... Jesus.

*** said...

Claire is my favorite! LOVE your blog! trade links?
xx

Anonymous said...

ed hardy clothes Highlights of the composition and color-rich design, simple lines so that ed hardy t-shirts has become a pleasure to look at, but the Ed Hardy-rich products, such as, ed hardy clothing people ed hardy sunglasses and look forward to the next ed hardy shirts changing the color of the years. ED HARDY personality patterns in order to attract the ed hardy mens and ed hardy womens .
babolat pure drive
babolat aeropro drive
wilson k factor
head tennis racquets
babolat tennis racket

www.guadalajara-3d.com said...

This won't really have effect, I consider like this.