Friday, July 31, 2009

Must-haves

Sometimes when I'm at work I dream about things I really want. Call me materialistic, whathaveyou, but let's face it: Work can get boring sometimes and it's fun to daydream about stuff you want. Like today for instance, my friend Chris and I were talking about what we would do if we each won millions of dollars. Both of us immediately thought about moving to Paris and shopping along the Champs Elysees. Our other dream is to own a modelling agency heh.


But I was also dreaming about less-expensive things to get.

For example, Scott Schuman aka The Sartorialist, is publishing a book of his photographs, which comes out in August. Scott was in Toronto last week at Holt Renfrew to promote the book. Holt Renfrew by the way made window displays inspired by fashion bloggers such as Sartorialist, Sea of Shoes and Garance Doré.



Scott also told a Globe and Mail reporter that he wants everyone to know that he's good in the sack. A stallion with style.

Next on my fantasy list are The September Issue ringtones!


I can't decide whether I want to get Andre Leon Talley's "It's a famine for beauty honey" or a mignon saying "Anna's Wintour's office."

Third on the list is a pair of those ubiquitous Ray Bans I am seeing on every celeb.
Check them out on Rob Pattinson:


The beauty about them is that they look good on any face, no matter what the shape. I think they're called the Wayfarer Square. I saw a guy wear them today and he looked hot. That's a good enough sales pitch for me.


In non-fashion news, I'm going up to my cottage tomorrow for a week where I'll be lazying about in the sun, swimming, boating and getting into trouble with my cousins.

Ta ta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALT's "famine for beauty" ring tone trumps the rest me thinks. did you know he was almost cut out of the film!?!

Amy Marshall said...

Hi

My name is Amy Marshall. I've just visited your website http://fashionjournalistinthecity.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a HOME PAGE link back from my Clothing and Fashion Guide website which is http://www.mangosteendistributor.biz/ with page rank 3

I'm sure this exchange would be benefitial for both of our sites, helping towards increasing our visibility in search engines.

If you are interested, please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

Title: Skate Clothing
URL: http://www.yukka.co.uk/
Description: The latest skate clothing is available online from Yukka.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards;

Amy Marshall
Web Marketing Consultant
amy.marshall@mangosteendistributor.biz

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SPAM OR AUTOMATED EMAIL, IT'S ONLY A REQUEST FOR A LINK EXCHANGE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS NOT BEEN ADDED TO ANY LISTS, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN.IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM: HTTP://WWW.NOMOREMAILS.COM; OR WRITE AN EMAIL TO STOP@NOMOREMAILS.COM.PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR CONTACTING YOU.