Friday, October 9, 2009

If you can't go to the movies

This editorial caught my eye in two ways: a) It's Jamie Dornan and b) it reminds me of a movie. I'm obsessed with movies. If I didn't have to work, I would probably spend most of my time watching movies. That and drinking wine, reading comics and dancing around my apartment with the music turned up really high.

I like to think of editorials as mini-movies; there's a narrative, characters and each photo captures a part of the action; a sliver of time.

I really like this editorial because it has nice movement; even though it's frozen you can picture Jamie Dornan kicking off his stress in the dirty water; the weariness in his pose when he leans into the rake; the playfulness when he half-grins and the dreaminess when he sneaks away for a cigarette in a barn.

There's a thoughtfulness in these photos.










(photos: Vogue Hommes International)

4 comments:

M said...

Stunning photos. They are elegant however with a sensual twist.

Best wishes,
fashion abuse

ONITSUKA TIGER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ONITSUKA TIGER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Home Inspection Columbia said...

Thanks forr writing this